Social media is a powerful way to build an online presence. Not only can you publish content to build your brand, but social media management also helps establish stronger relationships with current and potential customers. If you don’t already have a social strategy in place, then it might be time to hire a team to help with social media marketing services.
People of all ages spend time on social media daily. Because these digital platforms draw in regular users, there is an opportunity for businesses to share their messages with users who might be interested in available products and services.
What Are Social Media Marketing Services?
Social media marketing uses online social sites, such as Facebook or LinkedIn, to share messages, establish a brand presence, talk to customers, and grow the audience. It’s no surprise that social media marketing is the foundation of a successful online campaign since social media is such an important part of our society.
Some business owners attempt a DIY approach to social media marketing, only to find that they don’t have the time or expertise to stay consistent with their campaign. The simplest solution is to focus on the things you do best within your organization and hire experts to help with professional social media marketing services.
Bringing in an outside expert saves you time and is a great way to ensure that you achieve the results you desire from the campaign. Implementing a proven system with an experienced marketing firm helps to maximize your ROI.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Social Media Marketer?
Social media marketing services pricing varies depending on the platforms you are using, the type of campaign you are launching, and the overall scope of work. Some providers charge per hour, while others have flat-rate service packages.
It’s common for digital marketing services to have monthly packages with a pre-determined scope of work each month. This structure is beneficial because you know the cost of services ahead of time, as well as the specific number of social media posts and related services you will receive.
In-House vs. Pro Social Media Marketing Services
Some companies choose to hire an in-house social media marketer. While it’s nice to have someone in the office to handle all of your social media posting and ads, many companies find it more affordable and effective to hire a professional team for social media services.
For example, if you hire an employee to help with social media management, you have a variety of costs that come with this additional team member: salary, benefits, employment taxes, office space, office equipment, and more.
These additional tasks aren’t worth the cost, especially for small businesses that don’t have many employees. Instead, look at options to hire a professional team for social media marketing services. This option can be surprisingly affordable, giving you the benefit of ongoing social media marketing from a team that is staying up-to-date on the latest trends in the industry.
Hiring a social media marketing firm means you don’t have to worry about training and managing another employee. The marketing firm is working in the digital space every day, which means they are current on the latest trends and already know the best strategies to achieve the desired results.
What are the Benefits of Social Media Marketing Services?
Regardless of the size of your business, it’s essential that you build an online presence. Customers look online when they are searching for products and services. If you aren’t investing in social media, then it means that you are leaving money on the table.
Here are some of the benefits you can expect from social media marketing services:
- Boost Your Brand: When you have a recognizable brand, it means that people will remember your company if they need related products or services. It’s common for consumers to buy from brands they recognize. So, even if your marketing efforts don’t yield immediate results, long-term benefits help optimize your sales and customer relationships in the future.
- Open Communication: Not only do customers talk about brands they love online, but you also have the opportunity to maintain open communication between the brand and customers. The more people are talking about your brand, the more likely you will be able to connect with other leads and customers interested in your services.
- Share Information: In addition to sharing information about your products and services, social media is also a great place to go when you want to tell your brand stories and mission. The more stories you tell, the higher likelihood of having a viral response that makes your brand more noticeable across platforms.
- Data Analysis: Social media marketing services provide unique insights about your target demographic because you can see information about the people interacting with your brand. Additionally, if you choose the right digital marketing services, you can tap into existing data to improve your campaign. At FrescoData, our approach outshines the competition because we already have a broad database and insights to apply to your campaign.
- Customer Service: People don’t like to pick up the phone for customer support. Instead, they expect fast and efficient responses through social media. You can keep your customers happy by leveraging social media through immediate interaction, services, and problem-solving.
The benefits are undeniable. If you aren’t already using social media, it’s time to start. A consistent online campaign builds a solid foundation that can keep people coming back to your website over and over again.
7 Tips for Effective Social Media Marketing and Advertising
Now that you can see the benefits of social media marketing services, the next question is: where do I start? There are so many social media platforms and different types of messages you can share online. You want optimal results, so it makes sense to implement the best practices to boost overall success.
Here are a few proven tips that can help to improve your social media marketing campaign:
- Identify Your Demographic: It’s essential to know who you are marketing to in order to shape the messaging that will resonate with the right audience. As you get started, consider the audience you are trying to reach, including age, socioeconomics, gender, hobbies, family circumstances, professional career, and more.
- Choose the Right Platform: Once you understand your target demographic, it’s time to find the social media platforms where these people spend their time. For example, if you are targeting stay-at-home moms, then digital marketing services on LinkedIn won’t be the best investment since it’s a networking site for business professionals. Consider how these people spend their time online and the most common social platforms they visit regularly.
- Have a Goal in Mind: Don’t post to social media just for the sake of posting online. Instead, be deliberate in creating a strategy that is going to help build your brand, boost sales, and improve your short-term and long-term outcomes. For example, are you trying to get people to buy a product immediately? Or is your goal focused on email newsletter opt-ins, so you have a list to sell to in the future? Be strategic about your approach to ensure your marketing messages and funnel align with your goal.
- Post Consistently: Social media is always changing, and it’s essential that you have a regular posting schedule to maintain relevance on the platform. Just because you have a profile online doesn’t mean it will automatically appeal to potential customers – especially when you haven’t posted in a few months. Share interesting information regularly to keep people engaged and ensure relevancy on your profile.
- Focus on Quality: While it’s important to post regularly, don’t sacrifice the quality of these posts for the sake of posting more frequently. Quality should always be your highest priority. The goal is to share contact that adds value to the readers. Good content is both interesting and engaging.
- Share a Variety of Posts: What are the ideal messages you should share with your followers? For best results, share different types of media in your content creation plan. Examples include news stories, images, videos, gifs, storytelling, trends, and more.
- Prioritize Engagement: Social media is about two-way conversations. As you post to your profile, consider how much people are “liking” your posts, commenting, and sharing. When you see something working effectively, use this information to improve your strategy going forward.
In addition to social media posting and engagement with your followers, many opportunities are available to share your messaging through paid ads. Display ads on social platforms, as well as retargeting, are effective for keeping your brand and messaging at the top of mind.
Learn More about Expert Social Media and Digital Marketing Services
Not only do you need a social media campaign, but these services are most effective when paired with other digital marketing services. For example, you can use social media to drive traffic to your website. Then, have an opt-in form where people can sign up for your newsletter. The combination of fresh social media content with regular email newsletters and ad retargeting can be a powerful way to keep your audience engaged.
Our team at FrescoData is here to help with social media and full-service digital marketing. Our omnichannel approach delivers quality results that you can trust. Book a consultation to learn more about our approach and the best social media marketing services packages that fit your unique needs.